Hi thanks for your interest in our website and services. If you have questions (or issues with our site), you may like to contact us via our contact us page, accessible via the navigation menu at the top of this page.
Terms & Conditions of Hire:
(1) Road Usage:
See the latest NZ Road Code here: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/roadcode/cyclist-code
- New Zealand law requires the bike rider to wear a cycle helmet when riding.
- You agree that you have a good understanding of New Zealand and / or international Road Code rules and will keep left on the road at all times, observe all Road Code rules and use cycle lanes/paths when I can, while being careful and respectful of other users.
- You will not cycle on the beach, in the sea or through waterways/rivers (rain ok).
- You will not take any bike or equipment off Waiheke Island.
- You will respect the equipment and treat it like your own.
- You will report any damage and You understand that You will be liable for any damage, theft or loss of bikes and/or equipment, including excessive wear due to negligence or misuse of equipment.
- Any equipment not returned by the stated time may incur additional late charges.
- Cancellations up to 7 days prior = full refund; up to 48hrs = 50% refund; No refunds will be given within 48hrs or for “no-show” or change of mind or early returns once hire commences.
- In the event of extreme weather/illness your booking may be rescheduled at the discretion of staff.
(4) Safety Disclaimer
- By proceeding with the Bike Hire, You are agreeing to the following statement:
- I understand biking can be dangerous. I accept full responsibility for my actions and will not hold The Waiheke Bike Shop Ltd or associated staff liable for any injury to any person or damage to any property – caused during my use of this equipment.
- I have discussed with The Waiheke Bike Shop Ltd staff my intended use and have chosen the most suitable bike (road/pathway/mountain) for my needs. I will also wear appropriate footwear and clothing to prevent injury to myself and/or the equipment.
(5) INTERNATIONAL ONLY:
I have appropriate travel insurance to cover this type of activity.
(6) GROUP BOOKINGS ONLY:
I am signing this form on behalf of all people in my group and take full responsibility for each bike and person within the group
Our privacy terms can be found here