Hi thanks for your interest in our website and services. If you have questions (or issues with our site), you may like to contact us via our contact us page, accessible via the navigation menu at the top of this page.
Our Website Terms and Conditions are here
Who we are
Our website address is: http://waihekebikeshop.co.nz.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In general, you can visit our website without providing any personal information. We usually collect information when you contribute or engage in any of the following parts of our website;
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you have consented to us taking your photo – or if you provide us wioth one or more of you / your group – you are giving us permission to publish those images where we deem most appropriate, for example in our newsletter, social media feeds and / or website.
We will never publish inappropriate images and we will not publish any personally identifiable information except your first name or name of your party / group. – unless you request a credit / link if the media is your own work.
You can request these be not used, or taken down at any time. We will retain all editorial control and we will not be able to use any images that require any kind of license / royalty or other financial agreement.
If you contact us via the contact form on our website, or if you complete a booking or online waiver, we will collect and store your the data you’ve supplied in a secure server environment and we pass this data through various servers and services so that it can reach the intended recipient, in order that we can receive your message / order / booking and respond to your needs accordingly. You may also be prompted to join our newsletter and if you do we will also collect and store the information you’ve provided, for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site utilises multiple analytics services to help us to improve the overall experience for all users. All information is Anonymized before storage and processing begins.
While you visit us, we may track:
- Pages / items you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping (if relevant)
- Order info: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance fulfill your order
When you contact or purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
We take our customer’s data seriously and have secured this website with an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate, that encrypts sensitive information transmitted between your computer and our website.
Any information you do provide (for example; your address, phone number, name and email address when creating an account) will never knowingly be sold or passed on by us to any third parties. We hold all data in the strictest of confidence, on a secure server. For additional security, we encrypt any sensitive information such as passwords.
In terms of payments, if we take them online via our website, we do not have access to, nor do we store or retain any of your payment information or Credit Card details, since all of our payments are processed off-site through a heavily encrypted payment gateway.
Who we share your data with
We do not knowingly share your data with any unauthorised third party. If we do share your data, it is purely to provide the service(s) you have requested, or to provide the best experience for you on the site.
Our webmaster and team members may have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and;
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Products / services you may have booked / ordered or requested
- Payment information, but not including credit card numbers
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
How long we retain your data
Data is retained indefinitely. This is so we can provide the appropriate services.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you join up to our newsletter, your information will be transferred to our Newsletter Provider.
Cancellation / Returns & Refunds Policy
Please make your purchase carefully as we are unable to provide refunds. If you are unsatisfied, please do contact us and we will respond to you accordingly.
Errors & Omissions
We try very hard to ensure the product you’ve purchased will be the closest match to that described on this website. However, from time to time, differences do sometimes occur from that depicted. If you wish to report a problem, please contact us.
We will keep all of your personal information secure and confidential to the best of our abilities.
General Website Terms & Conditions
1) By accessing this website, you agree that we, and those officially recognised as associated to or party to this website (hereinafter referred to collectively as “the publisher”) cannot be held responsible for any error, omission, fault or inaccuracy and shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused to any user / party.
2) All comments / contributions made by users to this website (either those with an account or not) in public areas (e.g. comments, testimonials, reviews etc) are the sole legal responsibility of the person posting them and may not reflect the opinion of the publishers.
3) The publishers reserve the right to amend, change, delete or modify as appropriate, any information or detail on one or all pages of this website (including, but not limited to, pricing, product description, quantity and availability, comments or reviews by users) without notification, at any time.
4) All information, documents, photo’s, illustrations, pictures, images, and all media, words, ideas, trademarks, designs and concepts contained within this website shall remain the property and copyright of the publishers and may not be copied, duplicated, screen-grabbed, borrowed, hired, lent, linked to (via hyperlink), distributed, broadcast or used in any way, without express written permission. All Rights Reserved.
5) All trademarks, logos and materials belonging to any third party (whether expressly specified or not) displayed on this site, shall remain the property and copyright of the respective owning entity.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The information provided on this Website is intended for general guidance only. Users of the information contained on this website must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the information described for their particular use and conditions.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- All warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this website or the content on, or accessed through, it; and
- You use this site at your own risk. In no event shall the publishers be liable for any damage or loss, arising out of your use or inability to use this website, or anything contained within it.
If you need any assistance, or would like clarification on any of the above, please contact us.